J. Fish Psychology Associates, Inc.
Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade*
What are Essential Oils?
- Essential oils are pure, natural compounds extracted from plants and contain NO artificial ingredients or fillers.
- Therapeutic grade essential oils are cross tested using Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry to assure the purity of extract and potency of each oil composition.
- They are grown in the indigenous environments of their origin, and harvested carefully at the ideal time when they will provide the most therapeutic properties of the specific plant.
- While keeping out contaminants, the presence of the oils' active compounds at their optimal levels is assured for safety and effectiveness.
How are they extracted?
- Steam is circulated under pressure via low heat through the plant material, releasing the essential oils into the steam.
- As the steam cools, the water and oils are separated with the oil being collected in its pure form.
- It is essential that the temperature and pressure are closely monitored.
- Plant species and parts of plants are selected very carefully.
- The plant is harvested when the essential oil compounds are the most concentrated.
How do they work?
- Through inhalation, the essential oils travel to the olfactory bulb in the brain which triggers a series of brain chemicals.
- The olfactory bulb is the sole area of the body where the central nervous system is directly exposed to the environment.
- Our brain is 'wired' in a way that uses aroma to protect itself and sooth our nervous system.
*Essential oils and the process by which they are extracted have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. They are not a substitute for medical or mental health interventions.